The trips take you to village and spend 2 nights staying in Viet House with many local experiences, learn more about village life to the cultural tradition by joining daily activities as fishing, gardening, cooking… Walking around the village to admire a peaceful life that seems to disappear in modern society, you also take time to meet friendly locals, talk with them and participate in making cakes, an interesting activity in the Festival day in Vietnam. Making some simple handicrafts is also presented to you by local people.
Day 1: Yen Duc village – The culture house of village and local house – Farming experience (L, D)
11.00: Arrive at Yen Duc village. Enjoy a welcome drink and free time for discovering the poetic landscape.
12.00: Have lunch at a local house. Check-in, then have relaxing time at Viet House.
15.30: Visit the culture house of village and an ancient house in the village to gain a deeper understanding of village life and Vietnamese family traditions.
16.00: Participate in farming work as: fishing, gardening… and interact with local people.
19.00: Enjoy a special Vietnamese dinner featuring the fruits of your day’s labor.
20.30: Participate in making traditional floating rice cakes (Banh Troi) with our staffs
21.30: Overnight in Viet House.
Day 2: Local market – Cake making demonstration (B,L,D)
06.30: Start the new day with a morning exercise. Enjoy a nice breakfast, and then take a stroll around the village in the fresh air.
09.30: Visit local market in the center of village to observe the commercial exchange in rural area and interact with villagers.
10.30: Visit the villagers’ home while you learn how to make special brushes and fans from areca palm tree leaves.
11.30: Enjoy a tasty lunch and have a short break in the fresh and rural landscape.
13.00: Time for you to relax.
15.30: Discover the heart of the Vietnamese countryside as you take part in daily village life. Join a traditional “Chung cake” making with locals and learn how to make, boil and package your own Chung cakes.
19.00: Enjoy a homemade Vietnamese dinner then relax at Viet House.
Day 3: Yen Duc village – Folk songs at local home (B,L)
07.00: Wake up early with another sunrise morning exercise. Have a full breakfast before riding bicycle around the village in the fresh air
09.30: Visit a local home and learn some folk songs with them, get understanding of cultural life of Yen Duc village.
12.00: Back to Viet House, check out and have lunch.
14.00: Enjoy water puppet show by local artist. Your trip now concludes, leaving you with memories of peaceful Yen Duc.
- Deluxe room at Viet House or Homestay
- Shuttle bus Hanoi – Yen Duc village – Hanoi
- All meals during the tour
- Activities and Sightseeing
- Water puppet show
- English-speaking tour guide in the village
- Local travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Bank charges (for card payments)
(Based on a double or twin sharing room)
- Viet House package: 274 USD/person
- Homestay package: 183 USD/person
Shuttle bus Hanoi – Yen Duc – Hanoi
- Depart from Ha Noi at: 07:30am – 8:00am, arrive Yen Duc village at: 11:00 am
- Depart from Yen Duc village at 14:30 pm, arrive Hanoi at 17:00 pm
- Check in: 13:00
- Check out: 12:00
- Depending on the trip staring from Hanoi or Halong Bay, the check in and check out time will be managed. Late check in and early check out upon availability)
- Farming activities and sightseeing places in the village can be managed depending on each season. This itinerary might subject to changes without prior notice.
What to bring
Passport, Sunglasses, Sunblock, Wide brimmed hat, Insect repellent, Comfortable clothing and shoes, Warm clothing (in the winter).